Services » Early Warning Signs
Early Warning Symptoms
Some common symptoms of beginning transmission malfunctions are easily recognized. Many are of a minor nature if diagnosed early.
- Delayed engagement into forward or reverse, especially on cold mornings.
- Engine races then catches up at stop signs or going around corners.
- The vehicle lacks power and possibly starts in the wrong gear. Sometimes the transmission may be stuck in one gear with no up-shift.
- Red-colored oil may accumulate on garage floor or other areas where you park the car often. It generally will be at the middle or front portion of the car.
- Excessively hard or easy gear changes can be accompanied by slippage out of gear and loss of fuel economy.
- Check Engine or Check Transmission light is on or flashing.
- Burning smell while driving.
- Low or discolored fluid.
- Growling noise or howling while driving.
- Engine races in between shifts.
Treating any of these symptoms early enough can prevent a major repair. Call or stop in and make an appointment today.
Car Repair Stillwater, MN