How do I choose the right transmission shop?
Nobody wants to be sold something they do not need. That's why at Certified your vehicle will be test driven and subjected to a detailed diagnostic process by our certified technicians so we can realistically determine what the problem is and what it will cost to repair. Our customers have the peace of mind knowing we repaired only what was necessary while building quality and value into every transmission. And at Certified, you will speak to a technician not a sales person.
What are some of the common symptoms of transmission malfunctions?
- Some common symptoms of beginning transmission malfunctions are easily recognized. Many are of a minor nature if diagnosed early.
- Delayed engagement into forward or reverse, especially on cold mornings.
- Engine races then catches up at stop signs or going around corners.
- The vehicle lacks power and possibly starts in the wrong gear. Sometimes the transmission may be stuck in one gear with no up-shift.
- Red-colored oil may accumulate on garage floor or other areas where you park the car often. It generally will be at the middle or front portion of the car.
- Excessively hard or easy gear changes can be accompanied by slippage out of gear and loss of fuel economy.
- Check Engine or Check Transmission light is on or flashing.
- Burning smell while driving.
- Low or discolored fluid.
- Growling noise or howling while driving.
- Engine races in between shifts.
What kind of warranty will I get on my transmission?
See our Warranty Page for complete details.